Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum





Well actually it was on my way to get a prescription but the above  sounded better. 
It was a battle at any rate and here's my story.

I shall relate this without sharing the reasons why I wound up there in the first place because it doesn't matter, really it doesn't, but suffice to say most of us don't go there when we are feeling well.
 I told my tale of woe to my lovely, young and very tiny doctor of Irish descent and accent.  None of that you really need to know except perhaps the young part which you will understand about shortly.  We discussed things and moved on to options of treatment and she settled down in front of her nice little computer, sent a fax to the big city requesting an appointment and sent a fax to my favorite pharmacy.  During this time but not really sure at what point, her computer became disconnected briefly, she plugged it back in and continued.  The visit concluded and I left happy with the visit overall. 
So out the door I went and drove over to the pharmacy which is slightly less than a block and which I usually walk but due to the treacherous ice conditions chose 4 tires rather than 2 legs to get me there.  I shopped around picked up something the she wanted me to have and I poked around the store for a while and waited for the Rx.  Finally I went and asked if the it was ready.  I was told they didn't get a fax.......so the pharmacist phoned the doc.   Are you ready for this???  Less than an hour after I saw this young-brained doctor she denied she sent a fax for an antibiotic that we talked about at some length I might add. 

Well!  I was flabbergasted to say the least.  I walked, yes walked back to the doctor's office and waited patiently while the disinterested and bored receptionist look through my file and stated matter-of-factly that the doctor didn't send a fax.  I asked for pen and paper, wrote a little note asking her if she had changed her mind about the antibiotic and even named it for her.  I wrote the time on the top and at the bottom stated I was in the waiting room. 
I had no idea how long I was going to have to wait but I believed I had as much stamina as an average Egyptian and was prepared for the long haul, hopefully not for 18 days though.

  About 10 minutes later I received the note back saying, "Sorry-went right out of my head.  It's over there now."  After another little walk and a short wait I came home with the Rx. 

Now isn't that just about the hardest possible way to get a prescription?


THIS WAS TO HAVE BEEN YESTERDAY'S STORY BUT DUE TO THE AMAZING OF EVENT OF FEBRUARY 11/11 I DECIDED THAT EGYPT'S STORY WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN MINE.

No comments:

Post a Comment