Friday, July 1, 2011

THE IQ OF A Rodent


I've never had to contemplate the smarts of a rodent, ever, that is until today.  I was walking along the above well packed trail that has been awaiting pavement for some time and smack dab in the middle of it are two gopher holes.  Now you can see very clearly on both sides dirt with grass on it a mere 4 feet to either side.  Maybe it needed a challenge, drew the short matchstick, or it had to get rid of all that pent up energy after being stranded on high ground for the entire month of June, who knows these things?  I can see maybe taking a wrong turn at Albuquerque once but twice??  Or maybe I'm not smart enough to see that the second is the emergency escape route......how silly of me it's all very clear now.

What isn't clear to me is why this line keeps following me despite repeated attempts to stop it.......rats!!

Wait.....I'm getting a tweet from Gainer The Gopher, the official mascot of the Saskatchewan Roughrider football team.........he says he is NOT related to these tiny versions of himself and wants that to be very clear.  It is.



No comments:

Post a Comment